Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wacky Weather

Yesterday was a beautiful weather day. It was warm enough to open the windows and walk around outdoors without a jacket. Today is far different. Atlanta and most of northern Georgia is under a weather advisory with snow and heavy wind. SNOW!

We also celebrated Jamie's birthday at Scrap Club. We were minus two members today, which left only Chere, Jamie, baby Ava and me. It was nice and cozy indoors as we scrapped and enjoyed our quiet time together. Outdoors the snow was beautiful but very heavy and wet. As I was snapping photos from our deck, it thundered - SNOW and THUNDER! How wacky is that?

Click on the slideshow below to view today's snowfall and photos of Jamie's birthday celebration. Click the arrow to begin the slideshow; once the slideshow has begun, click the square in the lower right corner to maximize your screen.




9 comments:

Molly said...

I came to see your snow photos and am leaving so envious of someone's craft room! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

And I know what you mean about the thunder - I was out with the dogs and thought "how crazy is that?" and I don't think I've ever experienced that before.

Deb said...

Jamie is beautiful. Looks like her birthday scrap party was a smash!

Chere said...

The snow pictures capture the snow's beauty. It was amazing. Now I hope it does not freeze tonight. That will delay my trip tomorrow.

Ava and I look just a like. Check out our double chins. You go baby girl, your Aunt Chere is where it is at.

Thanks girls had a great Sunday.

Country Girl said...

Beautiful! The family, the happy daughter, the apron (I love it) and especaially the snow. Your yard is amazing! What an excellent shot of the snow falling. I've got to investigate this slide thing on flickr.

Mental P Mama said...

I love the slideshow. And I need a nibble on Ava.

Nikki S. said...

I'm on a karma kick lately and I'm pretty sure that Jaime is 100% responsible for the Atlanta snowfall. She was picking on me the other day about how it was 70 degrees there while we were in a blizzard here! I'm sorry that you got caught up in the mix!!! The apron is adorable.

Judyann said...

Love the new haircut Jamie! So sorry that I had to miss the big day. The Thunder-Snow was so strange. Only in the South, though.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely photos - lovely party by the sound of it - and snow is not so bad at this time of year - you know it isn't going to last for long.

Janette said...

AWESOME photos!!! =)
Happy Birthday to Jamie!!!
Thanks for the emails today! HUGS!